Yes! You can always open another tab in you browser to use Twitter. But it is the other way! Use Desktop native application line Corebird. Open-source, lightweight, modern and very nice looking application.
- Retweet, reply, ‘quote retweet’ and favouriting
- Multiple account support
- Edit Twitter bio, avatar and banner image
- Follow/unfollow and block/unblock accounts
- Secure authentication
- Block accounts & filter tweets
- In-line image & video previews (can be disabled)
- Support for .gifs and vines
- Uses Twitter’s t.co link shortener
As always i don’t like installation from deb downloaded packages, without adding the apt repository. Becouse we will miss all upgrades in the future and as usual I’d like to use the latest package.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/corebird
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install corebird
If you are using Ubuntu you will be able to install the latest version of Corebird, but if you using ElementaryOS like me the latest version which is available for you is 1.1